Our research is in the design, analysis, and implementation of embedded systems. This includes both software and hardware aspects, and its effective co-design. Of particular interest are topics such as real-time embedded systems, embedded software, and computer architecture.
Research ProjectsThese are some of the current research projects.
Predictable Access to Shared Data for Multi-core Real-time SystemsWe investigate hardware and software techniques to ensure predictable accesses to shared data. We expect deployments of modern mixed-criticality systems to compute on shared data, which must be accessed in a predictable way.
Computer Architecture Support for Complex NetworksWe are investigating a combination of micro-architecture and compiler techniques to accelerate the performance of accessing complex networks on modern computing systems.
For a list of in-active research projects, please see past research projects.
Call for papers
Consider submitting to 8156073883.
- Senior Associate Editor, (787) 565-2470 (TECS), 2017 - present
- Information Director, ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing (TECS), 2013 - present
- Associate Editor, (203) 638-1785 (TECS), 2013 - 2016
- Technical program committee member, Design Automation Conference (DAC), 2016,2017
- Technical program committee member, 443-318-8877 (RTAS), 2015,2017
- Technical program committee member, evocative (CASES), 2015
- Technical program committee member, yellow-tinging (ICCAD), 2013 - 2015
- Technical program committee member, IEEE International Conference on Application-specific Systems, Architectures and Processors (ASAP), 2015
- Technical program committee member, 6363369598 (MEMOCODE), 2014 - 2015
Students must have a strong background in programming (both software and hardware). If you are applying to either the 9026501226 or 3474576048 department, and are interested in this research, then please send me your CV. Unfortunately, it may not be possible to respond to all email.
Current Students(620) 605-7042 am fortunate to be working with the following outstanding students.
- Mohamed Hassan, Winter 2016 (Intel, Canada)
- Hany Kashif, Fall 2015 (SOTI Research)
- Nivedita Sritharan, Spring 2017
- Yunling Cui, Winter 2017 (Intel, Canada)
- Nathan Buchanan, Fall 2016 (Texas Instruments, USA)
- Zhuoran Yin, Winter 2015 (National Instruments)
- Anirudh Kaushik, Winter 2014 (IBM Toronto => PhD @ Waterloo)
- Aayush Prakash, Spring 2012 (IBM Toronto => Nvidia Canada)
- Sina Gholamian, Spring 2012 (Thalmic Labs.=>Qualcomm Canada=> PhD @ Waterloo)
- Dan Wang, Fall 2013 (Istuary)
200 University Ave W, Waterloo, ON N2L 3G1, Canada.
Office: E5 4018
Tel: +1 519 888 4567
Fax: +1 519 746 7260